My family loves these rich, sweet bars. The chocolate and raspberry jam go together so well. I make a lot of cookies and bars, but these special treats are my favorite. They're so pretty served on a platter. -Kathy Smedstad, Silverton, Oregon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup white baking chips, melted
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until browned. Spread jam over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add white chips; beat until smooth. Spread carefully over jam layer. Cool completely. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- For glaze, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Cut into bars; chill 1 hour longer or until set. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Raspberry Bars in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p39
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review