Chocolate Raspberry Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup white baking chips, melted
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until browned. Spread jam over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add white chips; beat until smooth. Spread carefully over jam layer. Cool completely. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- For glaze, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Cut into bars; chill 1 hour longer or until set. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Bars
Sort By :
We love this recipe. We use it all the time. We spice it up by NOT melting the white chocolate chips to give it more texture. We also don't worry too much about seedless jam. It tastes good with or without seeds!!
This recipe sounds delicious, and after reading the reviews, I wonder if cooking the raspberry jelly on the crust (1/2 the time baked) would help keep the layers from separating. It would make the jelly more "jelled" and sticky. That is how I plan on making these.
Those that I served it to liked it, but I found it cloyingly sweet - perhaps it's the white chips. I'm not a fan of white chocolate anything. Looks pretty on the plate, though!
I have been making these cookies for years. I wish I could give it more stars. A shortbread crust, white chocolate cream cheese layer, raspberries and chocolate. It just doesn't get any better than this.
Very tasty. The only reason for 4 instead of 5 stars is that the layers don't stay together. The jam makes the crust slide away from the top chocolate layers. Otherwise they are delicious!