Chocolate Pretzel Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- MOCHA GLAZE:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Divide dough into fourths; form each portion into a 6-in. roll. Cut each roll into 1/2-in. slices; roll each into a 9-in. rope. Place ropes on greased baking sheets; form into pretzel shapes and space 2 in. apart. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until firm. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, shortening and corn syrup; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and enough coffee to make a smooth glaze.
- Dip pretzels; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set. Melt white chocolate. Drizzle with white chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Let stand until chocolate is completely set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
Sort By :
"A lot of work, but definitely worth the effort! These cookies are as delicious as they look. Very impressive. Great gift too. I have been making them for many, many years after seeing them in the print version of TOH when the recipe was first published."
"We make these every Christmas! A family favorite!"