When I make chocolate chip cookies, I bake this variation, which is chock-full of other flavors. The cookies are crisp on the outside and moist and tender in the middle.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped miniature peanut butter cups
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the peanuts, chocolate chips and peanut butter cups.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Cookies in Reminisce June/July 2010, p43
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2011
"Great recipe, awesome cookies!Very strange measurements though, makes a tiny batch of cookies. When double it makes a normal small batch of cookies. I would make 4 times to get a normal double batch of cookies. Not sure why it was scaled down so much."