- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup butter divided
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 32 large marshmallows
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Butter a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a full boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Add chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate; stir until chips are melted. Add nuts and vanilla.
- Spread into prepared pan. Cool for 1 hour at room temperature. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 pounds.
Reviews for Chocolate Nut Fudge
"I made this recipe today for the holidays but it turned out very grainy and sugarery. Would not make again. suzzie"
"I have made this for a couple of years. And everyone just loves it. It makes great gifts."
"this is easy and soooo good. my husband didn't want me to share it with anyone else, he wanted it all.lol"
"I'm assuming that "2 cups (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips" should actually be "2 packages (12 ounces each)"?"