Cupcakes aren’t just for girls! My dad and brothers love peanut butter cups—the inspiration for these goodies. —Alisa Christensen, Rancho Santa Margarita, California
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, peanut butter, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature. Add butter and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p41
Reviews for Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review