- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Line a 9-in.-square baking pan with foil and grease the foil. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans and butter. Press into prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Freeze overnight.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Using foil, lift cheesecake out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut cheesecake into 1-1/4-in. squares. Work with a few pieces at a time for dipping; keep remaining squares refrigerated until ready to dip.
- Using a toothpick, completely dip squares, one at a time, in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Spoon additional chocolate over the tops if necessary to coat. (Reheat chocolate if needed to finish dipping.) Let stand for 20 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. Yield: 49 squares.
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Cheesecake Squares
"Had so much trouble with the chocolate. Just could not get it to be thin enough to dip, so I decided to put it in a squeeze bottle and drizzle it all over. Much easier and more eye appealing I think. And had lots of chocolate left over :("
"These are awesome! Very very easy ! I added extra butter in the crust and omitted the nuts... I also added s little extra shortening when melting the chocolate... They were super easy to dip when frozen. I used foil pans and just cut them open to release the cheesecake!"
"These are simply delicious. Everyone loved them. I made them ahead and froze them for a party. My recipe shows shortening for the chocolate and it works very well for coating."
"This is like "cheesecake crack squares" these are totally amazing!!"
"I made these for the Super Bowl. It was fun to have a bite-sized dessert that we could enjoy at any point in the day and was easy to serve up. I followed the directions and used 1/3 less fat cream cheese. I had no problems melting the chocolate - shortening is the thing to use and not butter (I've read the water in butter can make the chocolate seize up). I melted the chocolate in the microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes - stir - and then go in 30 second increments at 50% power until it's all melted when I stir. My guests loved the treats!"