- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup (6 ounces) regular or miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, eggs, sour cream, oil and water. Beat until well blended and creamy. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Spread into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p85
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2012
Excellent....would make again!
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2009
Excellent and Easy
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2009 Edited Jul. 20, 2009
i only used 2 eggs and it was fine