Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Filling Recipe
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Split cake in half horizontally; place bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread with the peanut butter mixture. Top with remaining cake. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir in chocolate chips; cook and stir until chocolate is melted. Refrigerate until spreadable. Frost top and sides of cake. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Filling
Sort By :
This cake was good, but the peanut butter flavor wasn't strong enough for me. I think next time I'll make a peanut butter chocolate frosting and just do a vanilla cream cheese filling.
I use canned frosting to save time...we call it the number 11 cake...better than a ten!
frosting was a mess, maybe whipping it first would have helped, its just running all over the place
I made this for my co-workers and it was a huge hit. Everyone who tried it loved it and it was super easy to make.
I made this cake with a dark chocolate boxed cake mix and it was great. I think next time I will add a bit more peanut butter since I am addicted to it. It was very easy to make.