Chili-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
"My family loves chili, so I decided to try stuffing green peppers with it," recalls Verna Redman of Dade City, Florida. "They tasted great and are good made with leftover chili, too," she adds.
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Place peppers in a large kettle and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, chili powder, salt if desired, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture into peppers; place in an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chili-Stuffed Peppers in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p20
Reviews for Chili-Stuffed Peppers(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Diabetic Chili Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Fat Chili Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >