Chicken Veronique Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes, halved
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and nutmeg. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the wine, marmalade and tarragon. Add to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer or until thickened. Stir in grapes; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Veronique(5)
Sort By :
I really enjoyed the grapes as a contrast to the cream sauce. The sauce was strange. It was at the same time heavy while it was light. It was a little too perfumey with the tarragon. I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'd make it again...
This chicken dish was awesome! I didn't have any wine open so I used dry sherry and it turned out great!
Absolutely awesome...a must try!!!
Been trying to find the cookbook with this recipe for a long time (lost in move) would you know the name and author?
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >