My husband is not a casserole lover, but this creamy, cheesy dish is one of his favorites! Nutmeg gives it a wonderful, different taste. As a busy mother with three young sons, I put this easy recipe to good use. —Kelly Heusmann, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth, optional
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour; gradually add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the cream, parsley, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and wine if desired. Fold in the chicken and spaghetti.
- Turn into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Tetrazzini in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p27
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Tetrazzini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review