Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth, optional
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour; gradually add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the cream, parsley, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and wine if desired. Fold in the chicken and spaghetti.
- Turn into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Tetrazzini(8)
Sort By :
I used ham, even my kids liked it. And so easy! Loved it.
Don't use cinnamon as a substitute for nutmeg.
I used cooking sherry instead of the white wine but other than that followed the recipe as written. Delicious!!!
all I did was add cream of sherry at the end........absolutely divine!!!
I make this all of the time either with leftover chicken or turkey. It's AWESOME!! A great make ahead meal or one to take to someone else for them to have for a later meal. My kids always ask for seconds! Usually put a veggie with it too.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Tetrazzini >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >