Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth, optional
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour; gradually add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the cream, parsley, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and wine if desired. Fold in the chicken and spaghetti.
- Turn into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Tetrazzini
Sort By :
I cut this in half because it serves 8 and it's just my husband and me.......I don't think there will be enough for both of us. Getting ready to put it in oven....will update after eating
I used ham, even my kids liked it. And so easy! Loved it.
Don't use cinnamon as a substitute for nutmeg.
I used cooking sherry instead of the white wine but other than that followed the recipe as written. Delicious!!!
all I did was add cream of sherry at the end........absolutely divine!!!