Chicken-Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe
- 4 large green peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain brown and wild rice blend
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut tops off peppers; remove seeds. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place upside down on paper towels; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add the chicken, broth, rice with contents of seasoning packet, celery, carrot, basil and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the rice is almost tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms and zucchini. Spoon rice mixture into the peppers; place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Spoon the remaining rice mixture around peppers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the peppers are tender and filling is heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken-Stuffed Green Peppers
Sort By :
"Not the greatest most flavorful recipe. Good way to incorporate chicken and the bountiful green pepper harvest. Was better as leftovers."
"I added some hot peppers chopped up to spice it up some! Excellent"