Chicken-Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe
- 4 large green peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain brown and wild rice blend
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut tops off peppers; remove seeds. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place upside down on paper towels; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add the chicken, broth, rice with contents of seasoning packet, celery, carrot, basil and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the rice is almost tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms and zucchini. Spoon rice mixture into the peppers; place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Spoon the remaining rice mixture around peppers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the peppers are tender and filling is heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken-Stuffed Green Peppers(2)
Sort By :
Not the greatest most flavorful recipe. Good way to incorporate chicken and the bountiful green pepper harvest. Was better as leftovers.
I added some hot peppers chopped up to spice it up some! Excellent
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >