Chicken-Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers Recipe
- 6 Cubanelle peppers or mild banana peppers
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, salsa, chicken, bread crumbs and rice. Spoon into peppers.
- Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish and an 8-in. square baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in larger pan and 1/2 cup sauce in smaller pan. Place peppers over sauce. Spoon remaining spaghetti sauce over peppers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until peppers are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken-Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers(5)
Sort By :
Made as-is. A keeper
may try adding black beans next time to increase fiber, but very good.
might try adding some black beans to increase fiber for next time, but very good and not spicy
I used banana peppers. I split the peppers open and stuffed them that way. They were very good; espically for a low fat recipe
I made these today but used Rotel instead of the spaghetti sauce. So good.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >