Here's a different take on traditional stuffed peppers. I substituted chicken for the beef and used Cubanelle peppers in place of the green peppers that are usually featured in such a dish. -Ron Burlingame of Canton, Ohio
- 6 Cubanelle peppers or mild banana peppers
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, salsa, chicken, bread crumbs and rice. Spoon into peppers.
- Coat a 13x9-in. baking dish and an 8-in.-square baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in larger pan and 1/2 cup sauce in smaller pan. Place peppers over sauce. Spoon remaining spaghetti sauce over peppers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until peppers are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken-Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken-Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review