Chicken-Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers Recipe
- 6 Cubanelle peppers or mild banana peppers
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, salsa, chicken, bread crumbs and rice. Spoon into peppers.
- Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish and an 8-in. square baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in larger pan and 1/2 cup sauce in smaller pan. Place peppers over sauce. Spoon remaining spaghetti sauce over peppers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until peppers are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken-Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers
Sort By :
Made as-is. A keeper
may try adding black beans next time to increase fiber, but very good.
might try adding some black beans to increase fiber for next time, but very good and not spicy
I used banana peppers. I split the peppers open and stuffed them that way. They were very good; espically for a low fat recipe
I made these today but used Rotel instead of the spaghetti sauce. So good.