Salads are the meal of choice when our Texas temperatures hover in the 90s. In this one, I use locally grown strawberries, fresh greens and chicken strips. It makes a light and colorful lunch on a hot summer day.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional whole strawberries, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. In a large skillet, cook and stir chicken in oil and butter until no longer pink. Add 1/2 cup salad dressing; cook 1 minute longer.
- Place the salad greens in a serving bowl. Top with chicken, sliced strawberries and walnuts. Garnish with whole strawberries if desired. Serving immediately with remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Chicken Salad in Country Woman May/June 2003, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Strawberry Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review