Chicken Cheddar Stuffing Casserole Recipe
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) chicken stuffing mix
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare stuffing mixes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soup and milk; set aside. Spread the stuffing into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Layer with chicken, corn, mushrooms, soup mixture and cheese.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the second casserole at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Chicken Cheddar Stuffing Casserole(22)
Sort By :
the chicken stuffing gets soggy.
gave points for ease of preparation. not a bad dish, just okay. If I revisit this, I will definitely try to add more complexity/depth to it. No ideas yet but....
Very bland....definitely needs more seasoning. I should have known better. I always end up adding some of my own seasoning to these recipes, but this one I didn't because I was in a hurry with hungry kids. I would not make this again.
I made half this recipe for two of us cuz we were in the mood for comfort food. Although good and satisfying it needs more flavor - definitely salt and lots of pepper. I added about 1/2 cup chopped onion and about half of a diced red pepper. I also subbed peas for the corn (personal preference) and fresh mushroom. I sauteed the veggies before adding them to the chicken. I also layered the cheese on the stuffing then the veggie/chicken mixture then on top of the soup. The stuffing turn into a very soft, velvety texture and would be better if it were a little crispy.
Hubby liked it ok but not really my type of meal. I think it would taste better as a pot pie. Just my taste
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Freezer Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >