- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (17.3 ounces each) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salsa and guacamole
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cheese, chilies, onions, pepper sauce and seasonings.
- Unfold one sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12x9-in. rectangle. Cut into nine rectangles.
- Place 2 tablespoons filling across the center of each rectangle. Brush edges of pastry with water and roll pastry around filling. Press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to bake.
- Place pastries on a lightly greased baking sheet, seam side down. Brush tops with egg. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with salsa and guacamole. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chickaritos
Sort By :
I made these as per recipe and they were delicious. I may try using different fillings and baking or frying. Thanks for the inspiration.
They're so good and they make great left overs!!!
I made these for my family and the flavor was great! I used wonton wraps (b/c that's all my small town store had) and baked them. I think the wrapper would have been better fried, although that would up the fat content. I didn't use the pie crust because it seemed too thick to me and I wanted a thinner outer layer. I think I will make these again using the wonton wraps and frying them in oil. They will make great appetizers at that size!
I do use egg roll wrappers instead of the pie crust or puff pastry. It is much easier to roll, less mess and everyone likes them even more. I also bush them lightly with canola oil and bake each side until lightly brown and crispy. Fantastic! I made them for my boy's Open House and other family or work celebrations. I triple or quadruple the recipe every time and always get several request for this recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baked Chicken >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Puff Pastry Appetizer >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >