- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, chilies, onions, pepper sauce and seasonings. Chill until serving.
- Remove half of the pastry from refrigerator. On a lightly floured surface, roll to a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut into nine small rectangles. Place about 2 tablespoons of filling across the center of each rectangle. Wet edges of pastry with water and roll pastry around filling. Crimp ends with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Place seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Refrigerate until ready to heat. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with salsa and guacamole. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chickaritos(9)
Sort By :
They're so good and they make great left overs!!!
I made these for my family and the flavor was great! I used wonton wraps (b/c that's all my small town store had) and baked them. I think the wrapper would have been better fried, although that would up the fat content. I didn't use the pie crust because it seemed too thick to me and I wanted a thinner outer layer. I think I will make these again using the wonton wraps and frying them in oil. They will make great appetizers at that size!
I do use egg roll wrappers instead of the pie crust or puff pastry. It is much easier to roll, less mess and everyone likes them even more. I also bush them lightly with canola oil and bake each side until lightly brown and crispy. Fantastic! I made them for my boy's Open House and other family or work celebrations. I triple or quadruple the recipe every time and always get several request for this recipe.
Family loved it...I made w/cooked shrim and phyllo dough....delish!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baked Chicken >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Puff Pastry Appetizer >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >