- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, cherries and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry-Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"Very good recipe hubby loved them will make again."
"Really enjoyed these. Used 1/2 tsp each of vanilla extract and almond extract , instead of just vanilla. Almond and cherries seems to be a winning combination."
"My husband is from Michigan, so loved the addition of dried cherries from his native state to chocolate chip cookies. A winning combination!"
"It would be helpful if explained that these cookies will spread and flatten tremendously while baking, thus the small portion being placed on baking sheet (perhaps due to my lack of baking cookies experience). I cut the recipe in half and used cranberries instead of cherries (cheaper) and I ALWAYS grease my baking sheets regardless of directions. Other than not looking very pretty, the taste is very good. I will try this recipe again just as a means of trying to perfect it."
"These were really good! I feel less guilty eating these because of the oats, cherries and dark chocolate:) Kids liked them too!"