- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and onions.
- In a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the pasta and sausage mixture. Dollop with half the cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with half the cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Sausage Penne
"My son is allergic to wheat and we used Gluten free penne pasta for this dish. The whole family loved this meal and requested it be served often!"
"Been some time since I've made this delicious dish. Making for dinner tonite!!"
"This is really good, but very indulgent. Everyone liked it, but we all felt like it was a major cheat meal."
"I use less cream cheese..."
"Love this one! Even my VERY picky kids will eat it. It's a family fave!"
"My mom was the only one in my family that liked this recipe!! Niether my dad or I liked it. The sour cream sauce is too intense and was really really sour. I would make a huge substitution if I was to make this again!! We ate all of it because I didn't want to cook anything else. This is one of only a handful that I have gotten from ToH that we did not like!"
"A simple recipe with a lot of taste! This is one of my children's favorites."
"we liked it, but i would add another 1lb of sausage, and cook the onions ( i cut only 2 not 4) with the sausage and ragu sauce....i think the onions should be diced and 4 was entirely too many!"
"I'm new to making dinners and this easy and good."
"I cut this recipe in half because my husband and my daughter's boyfriend are both "Meat & Potatoes" kind of guys, but they both LOVED this! It's a keeper!"