- 2 packages (2 ounces each) ground almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds red or green seedless grapes
- Chilled greens
- Spread almonds on baking pan. Bake at 275° until golden brown, stirring twice.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, cream and parsley until blended. Place cheese mixture in shallow dish. Roll grapes in mixture to thoroughly coat, then in toasted almonds.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined tray; refrigerate until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Cheese/Grape Appetizers
Sort By :
I found this recipe very easy to prepare. I first made sure the grapes were clean and completely dry. Then I stirred them into the cheese mixture. I then pulled each one apart and laid them into the crushed almonds and rolled them around. These are really delicious and I would make them again.
This is a Martha Stewart recipe that is time consuming but worth all the effort for a cocktail party. Shape into a cluster of grapes and add a artifical grape leaf and it is sunning
It is somewhat tedious to cover the grapes with the cheese, but they look good and taste very good. The sweetness of the grape goes so well with the blue cheese.
These were really, really hard to prepare. I did about 15 and had to quit. Taste was OK. I had been excited about the juicy, sweet grape inside this appetizer but it was just too hard to get the soft covering on....