Cheese & Pumpkin-Filled Manicotti Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garlic Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook manicotti shells according to package directions for al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, pumpkin, Parmesan cheese, egg yolks and nutmeg. Spoon into manicotti.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with stuffed manicotti. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, covered, 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cheese & Pumpkin-Filled Manicotti
Sort By :
"I must admit that I was skeptical about pumpkin with tomato sauce but, since I really like pumpkin, I thought,"Why not give it a try? How bad can it be?" I made these per the recipe last night for dinner and, wow, they are excellent!!! Thanks Mandy. Great idea."
"This was my first time making manicotti, and was made easy by using a ziplock bag with a corner cut off to pipe the filling out into the manicotti tubes. At high altitude I cooked it longer (8 minutes). Should have cooked five minutes more."
"Loved the recipe, but will double the pumpkin next time! Couldn't really taste the pumpkin over the ricotta."
"Delicious! I added some chopped mushrooms to the filling and used my own homemade sauce. This is a keeper!"
"very good! the recipe here makes a lot more filling than just for 7 manicotti. I ended up also using some shells to stuff. You could use this recipe for 14 manicotti and be ok. My husband, who does not like pasta, loved it!"