Cheese & Pumpkin-Filled Manicotti Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garlic spaghetti sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook manicotti shells according to package directions for al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, pumpkin, Parmesan cheese, egg yolks and nutmeg. Spoon into manicotti.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with stuffed manicotti. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, covered, 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cheese & Pumpkin-Filled Manicotti
Sort By :
"This was my first time making manicotti, and was made easy by using a ziplock bag with a corner cut off to pipe the filling out into the manicotti tubes. At high altitude I cooked it longer (8 minutes). Should have cooked five minutes more."
"Loved the recipe, but will double the pumpkin next time! Couldn't really taste the pumpkin over the ricotta."
"Delicious! I added some chopped mushrooms to the filling and used my own homemade sauce. This is a keeper!"
"very good! the recipe here makes a lot more filling than just for 7 manicotti. I ended up also using some shells to stuff. You could use this recipe for 14 manicotti and be ok. My husband, who does not like pasta, loved it!"
"easy to make but found that a larger pan to be better to lay the manicotti--13x9 was too small. my family likes pumpkin too."