This recipe is so special to me because it was passed down from my grandmother, to my mother, and now to me. This family classic is now often requested for any type of work function.—Leann Schmid, Covington, Kentucky
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine 2 cups flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in carrots and pineapple. Toss the raisins with the remaining flour until coated; fold into batter.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and milk; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 28 cupcakes.
Originally published as Carrot Cake Cupcakes in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America 2013, p217
Reviews for Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review