- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine 2 cups flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in carrots and pineapple. Toss the raisins with the remaining flour until coated; fold into batter.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and milk; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 28 cupcakes.
Originally published as Carrot Cake Cupcakes in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America 2013, p217
Reviews for Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review