- 3/4 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the oil, brown sugar, jerk seasoning, thyme, rosemary and seasoned salt. Rub over pork.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 9-11 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/3 cups salsa).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Caribbean-Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Peach Salsa
"So glad I gave this a try! I am always nervous about trying new things, but I took a chance with this and I have ZERO REGRET!! This came out amazing! Definitely saved it and will be making it again....................and again!"
"This is delicious and to think that it's so healthy and low-fat! Will definitely make again!"
"The freshness of the salsa really make this dish a hit!"
"Delicious..used less jalapeño peppers in the salsa since my family doesn't like things to spicy. Will definitely make this again."
"The salsa was a perfect addition to the pork. My husband, who normally doesn't like fruit salsa, loved this!"
"I made the peach salsa with the Southwest Flank Steak and Smoky Corn Salsa on page 58 and it was amazing. My picky 15 year old had seconds! I wonder (if anyone from HC is reading....) what the nutritional value is for the peach salsa alone??"
"My 11 yr old daughter saw this when it cam in the mail and she had to make it! Tasted Great. It was a family night. Now my 8 yr old is searching for a recipe to make tomorrow :-)"
"Super yummy!!! Remember, however, to wear gloves when handling the jalepeno."