Caramel Snickerdoodle Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cans (13.4 ounces each) dulce de leche
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend over sides by 1 inch.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Spread onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 2 tablespoons mixture over batter. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread dulce de leche over crust. In a small saucepan, combine white baking chocolate, cream and corn syrup; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread over dulce de leche. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Lifting with parchment paper, remove from pan. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Snickerdoodle Bars
Sort By :
"These were absolutely fantastic! Very rich, but so good! I did use Nestle La Lechera dulce de leche. These are good to make for a group of people because it makes quite a bit. Will make again!"
"what is dulce de leche?"
"Thanks for the recip, is there a home version of dulce de leche ?"
"Amazing. My coworkers couldn't get enough of them. Had no issues with carmel setting at all. I didn't actually measure the cinnamon and sugar, I have a premixed container of cinnamon and sugar so I just sprinkled what looked good on it, much easier. I also used just regular white baking chips that come in the bag. Much easier to melt than the bars of baking chocolate.Yes, they are sweet but just looking at the ingredients you could kind of expect that, so no surprise there."
"I was very disappointed with these bars. I don't know if I used the wrong kind of dulce le leche or what but that layer never did congeal and the bars ended up being a runny mess. The overall taste was good but for whatever reason the dulce le leche layer never did congeal even when refrigerated for at least a day. I read and reread the recipe to see if I had done something incorrectly.Update: in reading other reviews it appears that a specific brand of dulce le leche (mine was neither Nestle or Eagle brand) is necessary. It would be helpful if that info was included in the recipe. The ingredients were not inexpensive and it would have helped to know a specific brand was necessary to the success of the recipe."