Caramel Snickerdoodle Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cans (13.4 ounces each) dulce de leche
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend over sides by 1 inch.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Spread onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 2 tablespoons mixture over batter. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread dulce de leche over crust. In a small saucepan, combine white baking chocolate, cream and corn syrup; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread over dulce de leche. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Lifting with parchment paper, remove from pan. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Snickerdoodle Bars
Sort By :
"Everyone loved these at the holiday gatherings!"
"Amazing--these were such a hit at our family Christmas dinner. All the flavors of the season and loved by everyone. Surprisingly easy to make. I, too, ended up using white chocolate (vanilla) chips rather than the white chocolate squares--much cheaper and I had it on hand. I will definitely be adding this recipe to my favorite holiday recipes file!"
"The flavors were absolutely amazing, but I did something wrong as the dulce de leche didn't set so it was a complete mess. I'll have to try again... here's my blog post: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2014/12/caramel-snickerdoodle-bars.html"
"JoMP it's simular to sweetened condensed milk found in the Hispanic foods section in a can."
"Now this is going to be the best of then ever. I loved your rec. for snickerdoodle cookies. this will be even beter. thanks. scotty"