- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, dates, pecans and 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and remaining sugar. Stir in butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining flour in a small bowl. Stir in caramel topping until smooth; set aside. Sprinkle cranberry mixture over crust; drizzle with caramel mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Caramel Cranberry Bars in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p42
Reviews for Caramel Cranberry Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2011
These are fantastic, nothing to change in this recipe!!! Yummmmm
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2010
AWESOME! I've made these many of times, every place I share them, they LOVE them.
Healthy ingredients too.
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >