Tender, sweet pudding with delicious apple pieces, spices and a luscious low-fat caramel topping make a rich-tasting comfort dish without all the fat. Yum! —Michelle Borland, Peoria, Illinois
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 1/2 cup fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, milk, brown sugar, egg substitute, vanilla and cinnamon. Fold in bread cubes and apple; let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped topping and caramel topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Apple Bread Pudding in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p59
Reviews for Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review