A dusting of cocoa powder deliciously tops off these pretty cupcakes. They're so scrumptious, no one ever guesses how easy they are to make.—Carol Forcum, Marion, Illinois
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup prune baby food
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- Additional baking cocoa
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, baby food, oil, vanilla and coffee mixture. Gradually stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Just before serving, frost cupcakes with whipped topping and sprinkle with cocoa. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 17 cupcakes.
Originally published as Cappuccino Cupcakes in Country Woman January/February 2003, p37
Reviews for Cappuccino Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review