- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- White chocolate curls
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions. Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake according to package directions for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat 1/2 cup cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, Mascarpone cheese and extract until smooth. Fold in pistachios and the whipped cream.
- Cut the top off each cupcake. Spread or pipe cupcakes with cheese mixture; replace tops. In a small saucepan, melt white baking chocolate with remaining cream over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature. Spoon over cupcakes; sprinkle with chocolate curls. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 cupcake: 786 calories, 48g fat (21g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.