Combining two of our favorite desserts, this is a traditional holiday treat in my Italian family. We're always certain to pass down the recipe to the next generation.—Marie McConnell, Shelbyville, Illinois
- 3 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 7 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour, vanilla and orange peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with pistachios. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cannoli Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p73
Reviews for Cannoli Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review