Cannoli Wafer Sandwiches
My family loves to visit a local Italian restaurant that has a wonderful dessert buffet. The cannoli are among our favorites, so I just had to come up with my own simple version. These are best served the same day so the wafers are still nice and crisp. —Nichi Larson, Shawnee, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + standing
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers
- 12 ounces white candy coating, melted
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, sugar and vanilla until blended. Spread 1 scant teaspoon filling on bottoms of half of the wafers; cover with remaining wafers.
- Dip each sandwich cookie halfway into candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand until set, about 10 minutes.
- Serve within 2 hours or refrigerate until serving. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 93 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 18, 2015
This is my husbands absolute favourite. They are delicious and do taste like cannoli. My only recommendation is not to try to freeze them. The cookies become mushy when thawed.