- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar and sprinkles, optional
- Melted chocolate candy coating, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. If desired, decorate with colored sugar and sprinkles.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely. If desired, dip baked cookies in melted candy coating and decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Spritz Cookies
Sort By :
"Tried these today. I've never made spritz cookies before and followed directions exactly. These turned out wonderful and went through the spritzer perfectly. For.Those who are complaining about the dough being too dry to go through the spritzer, I will bet you are using a liquid measuring cup to measure your flour. That does make a difference. Try using the correct measuring utensils and I believe you will find out that this is an excellent recipe. Thanks for this recipe !!"
"Easy to make but the dough also broke my manual cookie press. Cookies are absolutely delicious & melt in your mouth!"
"I put the dough in a cookie press and broke it trying to get the dough to press through."
"I made these today.. followed the recipe exactly turned out great.. dough was very easy to work with.. didnt freeze cookie sheets or press..."
"I remember making them every Christmas with my mom, she always had the cookie sheets waiting in the freezer, and would actually put the press in the fridge in between batches so it stay cold."