These tender little cookies are very eye-catching on my Christmas cookie tray. The dough is easy to work with, so it's fun to make these into a variety of festive shapes. —Beverly Launius, Sandwich, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Colored sugar and sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and enough water to reach desired consistency. Dip cookies in glaze; decorate as desired. Let stand until set. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Buttery Spritz Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p107
Reviews for Buttery Spritz Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review