- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar and sprinkles, optional
- Melted chocolate candy coating, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. If desired, decorate with colored sugar and sprinkles.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely. If desired, dip baked cookies in melted candy coating and decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Spritz Cookies
Sort By :
"Horrible- dough mix very dry- cookie press wouldn't work, other recipes I have used didn't include powdered sugar- followed the recipe exactly just awful"
"I tried using parchment paper as suggested, but the cookie didn't stick to it and would not release from the cookie press. The dough was too stiff for my cookie press."
"I have made these cookies a few times and just love them! The only change I make is to switch the measurements for the extracts, since I really like almond flavoring for these cookies."
"My daughter and I made these last night. They turned out great. I omitted the vanilla and only used the almond extract. I always use parchment paper on my cookie sheets when making pressed cookies. The cookie dough sticks to the parchment paper making it easy to release the cookie from the cookie press. We made green trees with multi-colored sugar sprinkles. Will use this recipe again next year."
"AWFUL!!! Would never ever make again! Not what I expected out of a spritz cookie recipe. I followed the recipe exactly and when the cookies baked they oozed out into shapes that you couldn't even tell what they were. AWFUL!!"