- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar and sprinkles, optional
- Melted chocolate candy coating, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. If desired, decorate with colored sugar and sprinkles.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely. If desired, dip baked cookies in melted candy coating and decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Spritz Cookies
Sort By :
"I made these today.. followed the recipe exactly turned out great.. dough was very easy to work with.. didnt freeze cookie sheets or press..."
"I remember making them every Christmas with my mom, she always had the cookie sheets waiting in the freezer, and would actually put the press in the fridge in between batches so it stay cold."
"Havent made these yet, but I found out a while ago is to weigh the flour.. 1 cup All Purpose Flour weighs 5 oz ... I do this because everyones cup measurement is different... Will put the website below....http://muirfood.wordpress.com/2008/11/11/how-much-does-a-cup-of-flour-weigh/"
"It's critical that the cookie sheets are chilled or the pressed dough won't release. I chill between every batch."
"Horrible- dough mix very dry- cookie press wouldn't work, other recipes I have used didn't include powdered sugar- followed the recipe exactly just awful"