Buttery Spritz Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Food coloring, optional
- Colored sugar and decorating candies, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture; mix well. Tint with food coloring if desired.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate as desired.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Spritz Cookies(27)
Sort By :
My daughter and I made these last night. They turned out great. I omitted the vanilla and only used the almond extract. I always use parchment paper on my cookie sheets when making pressed cookies. The cookie dough sticks to the parchment paper making it easy to release the cookie from the cookie press. We made green trees with multi-colored sugar sprinkles. Will use this recipe again next year.
AWFUL!!! Would never ever make again! Not what I expected out of a spritz cookie recipe. I followed the recipe exactly and when the cookies baked they oozed out into shapes that you couldn't even tell what they were. AWFUL!!
Today was my first time making spritz cookies and I love this recipe. Tastes just like the cookies my grandma used to make. I followed the recipe exactly and had no issues, although I should point out that I chilled the dough in between batches, partially because it's still 80 degrees here in Miami.
Made these today and they were wonderful! They were very tasty and the dough was the perfect consistency for my cookie press.
I tried these and they were terrible...to soft melted I rate these 1 star