Buttery Spritz Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Food coloring, optional
- Colored sugar and decorating candies, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture; mix well. Tint with food coloring if desired.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate as desired.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Spritz Cookies(19)
Sort By :
This recipe was absolutely delicious and one of the best I've made. I used a cookie press, which I always have difficulty with. These came out just absolutely perfect. And did I mention delicious?!
For 5 years, I've looked for a recipe for my cookie press. It never worked out. This year, I used this recipe and it is PERFECT!!! I will use it forevermore :-)
Abbygal. I had the same problem at first when making spritz cookies. You must hold the cookie press down flat against the cookie sheet then press the cookies. Key make sure the press is flat up against the cookie sheet. The cookie dough should stick to the cookie sheet as you lift up the cookie press. It took me a few tries then they worked and it was quite fun to make!
So disappointing. First time using my cookie press (battery-operated) and the dough wouldn't break off and stay on the cookie sheet. Possible I am doing something wrong? Used the dough and made balls that I pressed down with one of the cookie press discs so it wasn't a complete waste and they did taste nice and shortbready
Easy and the best spritz cookie recipe I have come to find