- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Colored sugar and sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and enough water to reach desired consistency. Dip cookies in glaze; decorate as desired. Let stand until set. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Spritz Cookies
"Be sure and CHILL your cookie sheets -- it makes all the difference!"
"This recipe was not at ALL easy to work with! Granted it was easy to mix... But after the first three cookies came out of my spritz canister the rest I had to hand roll and hand press! The taste of the dough was not to bad... Will go back to my old recipe!"
"Perfect and delicious!"
"My family loved the choc on them & they went 1st. I have a sour cream & also orange spritz recipes & will use the choc dipped sides as that will make them even tastier."
"I love, love, love, this recipe! I used dark chocolate chips to melt and dip them in and it was delicious!"