Light and creamy, this terrific treat never lasts long when I serve it. The fluffy cream cheese layer topped with cool butterscotch pudding is a lip-smacking combination. -Becky Harrison, Albion, Illinois
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 or 3.5 ounces each) instant butterscotch or vanilla pudding mix
- In a small bowl, cut the butter into the flour until crumbly; stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until set. Top with remaining whipped topping and pecans. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Butterscotch Pecan Dessert in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p33
Reviews for Butterscotch Pecan Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review