Butterscotch Pecan Dessert Recipe
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 or 3.5 ounces each) instant butterscotch or vanilla pudding mix
- In a small bowl, cut the butter into the flour until crumbly; stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until set. Top with remaining whipped topping and pecans. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Butterscotch Pecan Dessert(4)
Sort By :
One of our favorites!
This is one of my family's favorite recipes. We always make one chocolate and one butterscotch. We use quick oats in the crust instead of pecans, but we still put pecans on top.
I tried this recipe when I had a friend visiting, only I doubled the cream cheese filling layer, and we loved it.
This is the original recipe that my sister made 30 years ago with chocolate pudding. We've modified by using a graham cracker crust but the original one is the best!