Butterscotch Pecan Cookies have a rich buttery flavor. "No one will guess they started from convenient cake and pudding mixes," assures field editor Betty Janway of Ruston, Louisiana.
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In large bowl, combine the first five ingredients until well blended. Stir in pecans (the dough will be crumbly).
- Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Pecan Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p9
Reviews for Butterscotch Pecan Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review