- 9 cups cubed day-old white bread (about 8 slices)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Whipped cream and butterscotch ice cream topping
- Place bread, pecans and butterscotch chips in a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Pour over bread mixture; stir gently to combine.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream and butterscotch topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Butterscotch-Pecan Bread Pudding
Sort By :
"I'm lactose intolerant so I made this pudding with almond milk. I don't have a problem with butter so I used it and the pudding was delicious! Someone asked if this could be baked. I'm sure that would work --- bake at 350 degrees F. I like the ideaof using fresh apples. Has anyone ever tried whiskey sauce to serve with the pudding? I have! Yummy!!!"
"I had a Nesco and I was curious if I could use it as a slow cooker and this was the Nesco advice: "You can use a Slow Cooker recipe and set the temperature at 200 degrees. The unit will cook the product in approximately half the time stated at high setting of the Slow Cooker recipe". Maybe this will help. I now have a slow cooker and everybody loved the Butterscotch-Pecan Bread Pudding."
"thank you for a great recipe! Love it!"
"You said it Water4Chocolate!!!"
"TO: mykidzmom23--Back off already--not everyone is perfect like you think you are! RE Recipe: Has anyone tried this with regular, lowfat, or evaporated milk to reduce the high fat calorie count?"