Toasted Pecan Pudding
Promises Esther Shank of Harrisonburg, Virginia, "Take this to a potluck and you won't have to worry about carrying left-overs home!" Our taste-testers agree—they loved the crunch of the pecans, the rich coconut flavor and the soft creamy filling.—Esther Shank, Harrisonburg, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, coconut, flour, pecans and sugar. Spread into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat pudding mix and milk on low speed for 2 minutes. Chill for 5 minutes. Fold in the whipped topping. Place half of the pecan mixture in a 13x9-in. dish. Spread pudding mixture over pecan mixture. Top with remaining pecan mixture. Chill until serving.
Editor's Note: This dessert is best served the same day it's prepared.
Originally published as Toasted Pecan Pudding in Crafting Traditions January/February 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.