- 6 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup finely ground hazelnuts
- 6 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Let egg whites stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine nuts and pudding mix. Line a 15x10-in. baking pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold in nut mixture.
- Pipe meringue in long strips or spread over prepared pan until entire pan is covered. Bake until set and dry, about 20 minutes. Cool completely. Cover meringue with parchment paper; place another baking pan on top. Flip the pans. Remove top pan; carefully peel parchment paper from meringue.
- Beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread cream over meringue and top with oranges; roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side and peeling paper away while rolling.
- Microwave chocolate on high until melted, stirring occasionally. Drizzle melted chocolate over meringue roll. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Budapest Roll in Taste of Home November 2016, p45
Reviews for Budapest Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review