Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and broccoli in butter for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the cheese sauce, soup and milk until smooth.
- Place rice in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over rice; do not stir. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Rice Casserole
Sort By :
"I've made this many times and everyone likes it - even those who don't like broccoli."
"I make my sister make this everything Thanksgiving!! LOVE IT"
"I have made this several times and we love it. I do pre-cook the broccoli before since we like our cooked veggies fork-tender, not crisp-tender (except for corn on the cob). This time I used cream of broccoli soup that I happened to have. And I use a cup of Cheez Whiz for the cheese sauce."
"I have used this recipe since it came out in Taste of Home for years. It is a huge family favorite..in fact, I am making it today to take to one of my daughter's friends who just had her wisdom teeth out and needs something yummy but squishy to eat! A definite must try!"
"This was good but not amazing. I didn't have Velveeta so used half a can of cheddar cheese soup, some mayo and some shredded cheese. Then stirred the whole mixture together. It was good but needed salt!"