I have brought this popular cheesecake to every gathering since I created the recipe many years ago. My family asks for it all the time, and I'm happy to make it. —Christine Ooyen, Winnebago, Illinois
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Fold in whipped topping. Spread half of the mixture evenly into crust. Fold cocoa and confectioners' sugar into remaining whipped topping mixture; carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cut into slices; top each slice with cherry pie filling. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Black Forest Cheesecake in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p33
Reviews for Black Forest Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review