Best Seafood Chowder Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound bay or sea scallops, quartered
- 1 pound lobster meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound cod, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound haddock, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 quarts milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- In a large soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; reserve drippings. Saute onions in drippings until tender. Add potatoes and water; bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the scallops, lobster, shrimp, cod and haddock. Cook for 10 minutes or until scallops are opaque, shrimp turn pink and fish flakes easily with a fork. Add the butter, salt, parsley and curry powder. Stir in milk and evaporated milk; heat through. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 32 servings (8 quarts).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Best Seafood Chowder
Sort By :
As with every soup recipe, you need to tweak it to your taste. We've made this recipe every year on either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day as a treat. Everyone loves it! We even have a special soup tureen for it. It's become a family tradition.
x out the curry it just didnt have that chowder taste..
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chowder Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >