Best-Ever Potato Soup Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon each celery seed, salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Add the potatoes, broth, carrot, onion, parsley, celery seed, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; add to soup. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add cheese; stir until cheese is melted and the soup is heated through. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Best-Ever Potato Soup
Sort By :
"This is a very easily assembled soup and it's delicious. I put a little less bacon and little less Velveeta but it was still wonderful!"
"This was really good! Super cheesy though, kinda tasted like au gratin potatoes. My husband loves Velveeta so he gobbled it up. I put in diced ham instead of bacon because it's what I had on hand. Will definitely make it again."
"I added more pepper and used shredded cheese. And I threw all in the crock pot. Super easy and very good. Would make again."
"Awesome soup, thumbs up 5 stars."