Best-Ever Fried Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first five ingredients. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk the milk, egg and lemon juice. Coat chicken pieces, one at a time, with flour mixture; dip in milk mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 6-10 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Best-Ever Fried Chicken(6)
Sort By :
Excellent! Added a few more spices as Thyme, rosemary, garlic.
Simple & very good!
Loved this recipe! I soaked my chicken pieces in whole buttermilk overnight, and then proceeded with the recipe for the dipping order before frying them. So juicy!
added garlic & onion powder and lemon-pepper seasoning 1/2 tsp. ea.
Best ever! Make often! Super moist!