Best-Ever Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first six ingredients. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk egg, milk and lemon juice until blended. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat all sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then again in flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, 6-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown and chicken juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Best-Ever Fried Chicken
Sort By :
This is the recipe that I have found after years of trying to be the best and most reliable. I substitute Accent for the salt. From time to time I will use Dixie Fry Chicken Seasoning mix instead of flour. Either way, Lola nailed it.
Excellent! Next time I will try adding more spices.
Excellent! Added a few more spices as Thyme, rosemary, garlic.
Simple & very good!
Loved this recipe! I soaked my chicken pieces in whole buttermilk overnight, and then proceeded with the recipe for the dipping order before frying them. So juicy!