- 1 round loaf (1 pound) pumpernickel bread
- 2 jars (5 ounces each) sharp American cheese spread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- Cut top fourth off loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cheese spread and cream cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in beer. Microwave, uncovered, 20 seconds longer. Stir in bacon.
- Fill bread shell with cheese dip. Serve with reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Beer Cheese in a Bread Bowl
Sort By :
A hit with the guys! Love that there very few dishes! Easy to keep most of the stuff on hand. Of course, I have a teenage boy so we had to up the bacon
What a great new twist on the sourdough bread bowl - I did add some onion to the mix before cooking - but it was awesome and a lot of good comments because of the bread
Only needs 1 jar of cheese as it was too strong tasting.
Didn't have bacon. Added ground red pepper (1/8 tsp) and garlic powder (1/4 tsp).