- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place peppers in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pepper puree, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Cook until pasta and green beans are tender; drain. Stir in meat sauce. Sprinkle with cheese; stir until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beefy Red Pepper Pasta
Sort By :
I left out the green beans & served some on the side because my kids won't eat them but otherwise followed the recipe & it turned out really good!
My family loves this recipe! Definitely a favorite!
Have made several times.Hubby loves it. I added a dash of crushed red pepper flakes for a little kick, but not too much. great recipe
This was easy to make but did not have much flavor. I would add some more seasonings too this.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >