Gluten-Free Chili Beef Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces uncooked gluten-free spiral pasta
- Chopped tomatoes and minced fresh oregano, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in seasonings.
- Add tomato juice, water, tomato paste and sugar to pan; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-22 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. If desired, top with tomatoes and oregano.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups (calculated without tomatoes): 312 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 28, 2016
This was pretty good, might use V8 next time or maybe even spicy V8 for some added zip! Paired this with some corn muffins and had shredded cheddar with diced tomatoes and avocado :)