Beef Tenderloin Roast Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup beef broth
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, garlic, pepper, garlic salt and onion salt; brush over tenderloin. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 45 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°)
- Remove tenderloin from pan; let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, add broth to pan drippings, stirring to loosen browned bits; heat through. Serve with sliced beef. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Tenderloin Roast(5)
Sort By :
Excellent exactly as is. My significant other always cooks the beef tenderloin but this time I did it and followed this recipe exactly. He said, "From now on you are in charge of the Beef Tenderloin, this is phenomenal."
Outstanding! This was so simple and yet so flavorful! I added a tablespoon of olive oil to the mustard crust. I did not have garlic and onion salt so I used granulated onion and garlic and then added a pinch of Sel Gris sea salt. The meat was so tender you didn't need a knife to cut it. Absolutely a new favorite in our house.
Made this again and added a couple tbsp of BBQ sauce, omitted the beef broth. EXCELLENT! My tenderloin was smaller so it only needed 22 min at 400.
Very good, Tender, good flavor.
nice flavor. easy to make.