- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 large potato, peeled, cooked and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (18 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the vegetables, gravy, thyme and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate or 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes.
- Place the biscuits in a single layer over meat mixture. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Beef Potpie with Biscuits
Sort By :
fantastic pot pie recipe. I used cubed frozen breakfast potatoes instead of an actual potato - just as a time saver. It was wonderful. I made my own gravy instead of using bottled and it was terrific. We have made this several times now and we never have leftovers!
This is so good. My family asks me to make it often. I cook my biscuits before I add them to the top so that they aren't still doughy on the bottoms.