- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup cubed zucchini
- 1/3 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/3 cup sliced carrot
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/2 cup canned cannellini beans or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, saute celery and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the zucchini, potato and carrot; saute for 3 minutes. Stir in the beef broth, beans, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in cabbage.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Just before serving, stir in rice and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Bean Cabbage Soup
Sort By :
"I added leftover chicken so I switched to chicken broth. I also added broccoli, bay leaf & parsley. i did not add potatoes or rice. I used a whole stalk of celery chopped, more onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 cans of broth & a whole can of beans. For extra flavor I added Better Than Bouillon (chicken). I will definitely make it again. I'll give the original a 4 star but I changed it a lot."