Banana Snack Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose or King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Banana Snack Cake(14)
Sort By :
A colleague said it was the best banana cake she's ever had!
I made this cake for the first time yesterday & divided the batter between an 8x8 square dish & a small bundt cake pan. It turned out great & is truly a wonderful snack cake; it would work for birthday cake or whatever. It is absolutely delicious. I did add 1 TBSP of rum to the bananas before adding them to the mixture.
I would definitely recommend this cake!
I made this today, my hubby said it was a cross between a banana muffin & a maple bar :-)
Bid winner for our family. Surprisingly moist and tasty bar recipe that has become a hit for my family. Made it to take to my daughters and only got a couple of pieces to take home. Love the fact it is so easy and quick to make with so little ingredients needed.
I usually make cupcakes with this recipe, but frost with a simple butter/confectioners sugar frosting. My coworkers enjoy it. It's a great recipe.