- 1/2 cup butter, melted, cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-1/2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine butter, sugar and cocoa. Stir in eggs, milk and vanilla. Blend in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in bananas and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool on a wire rack. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Banana Nut Brownies
"Very cakey. Too much liquid in batter. Not chocolatey enough for brownies. Tastes okay bad texture. Meh"
"Freshly cooled they were like a chocolate brownie. The next day more like banana bread. I would have given it 5 stars if it stayed more like a brownie taste. Regardless it tastes good both ways but when in the mood for a brownie you want a brownie. I was worried the batter was so RUNNY when I poured it out of the bowl. Relax. It cooks up just fine. The family enjoyed it. It is a recipe I will make again. I was just looking for something different to make with bananas. This is nice. I recommend the walnuts. It gives it a good flavor. But if not a nut fan, it is still very enjoyable."
"I made a batch of these to take to work. I did eliminate nuts, a couple people have nut allergies. This brownie was so moist, the combo of bananas and chocolate was amazing. A great way to use up bananas. By the time I went home from work they were all gone. Thanks for the great recipe!"
"A nice chewy brownie without an overly sweet, gooey, greasy texture. The flavors are well balanced. We really enjoyed them."
"Moist .tasty and so easy to make. For once I had all the ingredients on hand."
"Excellent. Very moist. Used 1/4 c all-purpose flour and 1/4 c whole wheat flour and no taste difference. Next time I will try all whole wheat. Powered sugar hides funny looking (but not funny tasting) texture on top."
"these were amazing!!!!! my family LOVED them,and it was a great way to use ripe bananas besides banana bread."
"Wow, this is a delicious dessert! Normally in a banana bread, the amt. of banana isn't so prevelant. In this recipe, the banana flavor plays a huge roll and it compliments the chocolate! The combo is fabulous. The brownie is moist, rich, and satisfying! My husband luv'd it! His requested that next time I create this recipe, to please add either chocolate chips or peanut butter chips! Taking it to the next level! Enjoy!"
"This was a yummy snack-cake-like textured treat that me & my kids enjoyed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzled with hot fudge sauce. I could taste the bananas in mine which if fine by me. Yum!"