This recipe comes from my Grandma Schlientz. Anytime there are ripe bananas around our house, it's Banana Nut Brownie time! People are always surprised to learn there are bananas in the brownies.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-1/2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine butter, sugar and cocoa. Stir in eggs, milk and vanilla. Blend in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in bananas and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool on a wire rack. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Banana Nut Brownies in Country Extra March 1995, p49
Reviews for Banana Nut Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review