- 1/2 cup butter, melted, cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-1/2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine butter, sugar and cocoa. Stir in eggs, milk and vanilla. Blend in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in bananas and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool on a wire rack. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Banana Nut Brownies
Sort By :
I made a batch of these to take to work. I did eliminate nuts, a couple people have nut allergies. This brownie was so moist, the combo of bananas and chocolate was amazing. A great way to use up bananas. By the time I went home from work they were all gone. Thanks for the great recipe!
A nice chewy brownie without an overly sweet, gooey, greasy texture. The flavors are well balanced. We really enjoyed them.
Moist .tasty and so easy to make. For once I had all the ingredients on hand.
Excellent. Very moist. Used 1/4 c all-purpose flour and 1/4 c whole wheat flour and no taste difference. Next time I will try all whole wheat. Powered sugar hides funny looking (but not funny tasting) texture on top.
these were amazing!!!!! my family LOVED them,and it was a great way to use ripe bananas besides banana bread.