- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 to 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan or 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Arrange half of the banana slices in crust; top with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in remaining whipped topping. Pour over the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Banana Cream Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Delicious & easy!"
"This is the first time I prepared this recipe! I DID use 1/4 cup cinnamon-sugar with the graham cracker crumbs and I did use the 1/2 cup melted butter! I DID use 1 9"springform pan-I did not grease the pan, but I DID bake the crust for 5 minutes!I added 1 tsp. vanilla extract to the cream cheese and sugar which I'dbeaten 5 minutes on medium speed. I DID use the measurements for the whipped topping and the 4 bananas, sliced (they were firm) and I used the amount of milk called for-I had combined WHOLE milk with balance of 2% milk to equal 1-3/4 cups! I was fortunate to have the banana cream pudding mix (Instant) and I layered 1/2 the banana layers in the crust, topped with 1/2 of cream cheese mixture and repeated the layers, then prepared the pudding with the milk. I folded 2 cups of the whipped topping into cream cheese mixture and I folded balance of the whipped topping into the pudding mixture, poured over the cream cheese layer and sprinkled with reserved crumbs. I did allow this dessert to remain in refrigerator until completely set! I plan to use it for one of the departments at the local hospital where I volunteer! I hadneeded a banana recipe for the Cook's Corner Recipe Ingredient Challenge for this week, so I decided to test this recipe out! I am sure that it will be a recipe for me to use time and again! Thank you, Margie Snodgrass, for sharing your recipe! delowenstein P.S. This cheesecake IS delicious! I allowed the cheesecake to keep chilled at least overnight and on 9/28/14, I used a sharp chef-style knife and a serrated pie server to slice this cheesecake. The filling WAS soft, BUT the slices stayedintact!"
"why is my cake still runny after staying in the fridge for 10 hours? I wish someone can tell me why."
"I have made this for years... You can put it in a prepared graham crust if you don't want to make a crust and this is great for when you need to take something somewhere and you don't have to worry about your pan. You can also buy instant cheesecake pudding mix."
"I thought this was delicious and the store didnt have any banana cream pudding so I went with Vanilla. It was out of this world and my husband loved it(it was his birthday "cake") He told me to make more.lol. I will be making it again this weekend, this time I am making double. I have to say my favorite part was the crust, I baked it a little longer and it was soooo yummy!"