- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 to 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan or 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Arrange half of the banana slices in crust; top with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in remaining whipped topping. Pour over the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Banana Cream Cheesecake(20)
Sort By :
delicious!!!! easy to make and doesn't take a lot of time
I think this recipe needs a correction. 8 oz. of Cool Whip may be 2 cups measured, but the recipe says divide an 8 oz. container and fold in two cups, add the rest later, this makes no sense. Either it's one cup and one cup or two 8oz. containers, which would be 2 cups and 2 cups. Usually when I've made other Cool Whip recipes they call for 12 oz. containers which I haven't even been able to find anymore,,so I buy two 8 oz. and use one and a half.
goldgal - you use the remaining whipped topping later in the recipe
andrescal98 - must be instant pudding. Cook and serve "sets" as it cools
1 container is 8oz of whipped topping, why does it say fold in 2 cups of whipped topping then
Hello, I was wondering in this direction "In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in remaining whipped topping. Pour over the cream cheese layer. " My pudding comes out as liquid instead of soft-set. I don't know what I did wrong. I bought Banana cream pie (Jello) pudding mix but it is not instant it is, cook and serve says that on the box. Please help.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >